Job Opportunities at The Down Syndrome Centre
We are currently looking for a Golf Fundraiser & Transition Year Co-Ordinator
Reporting to: COO
Position: Full time / Permanent
Deadline: Friday 25th June 2021
An exciting opportunity to join a fun and energetic team working on various events and fundraising campaigns throughout the year in support of raising funds to support children with Down syndrome.
Working as part of a small, fun and friendly team the Golf Fundraiser & TY Co-Ordinator will play a key role in managing upwards of 30 golf days per annum. This will entail meeting with Sponsors to co-ordinate the golf days, be responsible for obtaining prizes for these events and also to be present at each event.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Fundraising & TY
- Generate and introduce new golf events to support the financial needs of the charity.
- Manage and develop annual existing golf events run by the charity.
- Develop relationships with sponsors for all golf days.
- Work with respective golf clubs to ensure the smooth running of the events.
- Responsible for building strong relationships with schools and supporting Transition Year students to create awareness of the Charity and in turn help them to organise fundraising events.
- Maximise fundraising from events and reach or exceed revenue targets.
- Promote and work to the ethos of the charity throughout all campaigns and promotional activities, communicating the benefits, services and facilities within the centre.
- Be flexible and willing to adapt to other roles and tasks when required.
- Flexibility to work out of hours and travel when necessary.
- Ability to work under own initiative with a determined, positive drive.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and multi-task, working on various projects simultaneously.
- A strong understanding of fundraising principles
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent communication skills. Both verbally and written
- A strong understanding and empathy of the charity’s goals and mission.
- A team player with a desire to support.
- Strong networking connections.
- Strong organisational skills and time management.
- Full driving license with own car.
- Creative and motivated and open to grasp opportunities.
Experience and Knowledge (preferable)
- 3-4 years in an events or fundraising role
- Familiar with all aspects of the game of golf (Including Pro-Ams) affiliation and/or membership of a Leinster area golf club is desirable.
- Proven records of financial achievements or targets met on previous events or fundraisers.
- Knowledge of CRM systems (an advantage)
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel & power point
- An understanding of the Charity Regulation Act. (an advantage)
This is a permanent full time role with a 6 months probationary period.
To Apply: Please forward a CV and Cover letter to Nuala Downes at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 25th June 2021 or phone 01 6618000 for more information.
Situated : 82 Furze Road, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18.