Join our Social Media Community!
Click on the icons below to join that Down Syndrome Centre group!
Social Media Guidelines
We do hope that you join in with any ongoing discussions on our social media sites and, although we may not in a position to respond to every comment, we do value your contribution.
Our social media profiles reflect our charity’s ethos and, as such, we would ask that you respect these values when uploading a comment, image or posting of any kind of one of our profiles.
For this reason a high level of respect is requested from all users of our social media accounts. Please also remember that when you post a comment to a blog, it is permanently published for the world to see. For your own privacy and that of your family, you should consider carefully how much detailed personal information linked to your name you want published on the internet.
Each of our social media platforms is open media in their nature and, as such, we have drawn up these guidelines, which we believe will benefit all users of our social media pages including supporters and staff. Please note that only comments made by our staff reflect our organisation’s views.
Finally we would ask that, when posting any comments, posts or other material on any of our social media profiles, you agree that you will not:
- Make use of any profanities or abusive language.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by The Down Syndrome Centre in its sole discretion.
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Impersonate another person.
- Post the same note more than once (‘spam’).
We reserve the right to carry out the following, when necessary:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform to the above Terms and Conditions.