How does it work
Buy My Dress is a fabulously fun fashion event and a great excuse to get together with the girls!
The concept is simple: collect your friends and colleagues unwanted but once loved dresses and sell them in aid of a great cause!
Please follow these ‘how to get involved’ steps:
- Register your event here we’ll send you a BMD fashion fundraising kit with posters, collection bags and lots more…
- Spread the word! – let your friends, family and colleagues know about your BMD event, send them an invitation
- Decorate your venue – whether you are doing it in your own home, in work, in a club, school or in a community hall, add a splash of colour to your event – visit our downloads page and print off our stylish bunting, posters and flyers
- Get dress collecting! – ask all of the ladies in your life to search through their wardrobes for those special occasion dresses that they’ve outgrown, have done the wedding rounds or were simply bought on impulse but never worn
- Price your dresses – make the most of your gorgeous gunas! Average price suggestions €20-€30 with those special dresses going for €50+
- Send us the funds you make – you can pay online or by lodging it into the bank or by calling The Down Syndrome Centre on 01 661 8000
And lastly – thank you so much for organising a BMD event and helping to raise vital funds in aid of The Down Syndrome Centre. Our charity receives no government funding. You support will make a real difference in the lives of children with Down syndrome.
Learn how to run you own Buy My Dress event here