Tips for Organising Your Event
Organising Your Own Event
Organising your own event is a fantastic experience, one where you can have a lot of fun, meet new people, learn new skills and make a real difference to families supported by The Down Syndrome Centre! Remember the word FUN is in FUNDRAISING!
- Keep it Simple, something you will enjoy – Some of the best events are the simplest.
- Online Sponsorship – Use Everydayhero or a Facebook Fundraiser – making it super easy for friends, family and colleagues to sponsor your efforts. A great tool for those you don’t see very often or can’t make it to the event.
- Special Reason – If you have a special or personal reason for supporting the Down Syndrome Centre share it with potential supporters and the local press as it will help bring your fundraising to life.
- Tell us about it – We’d love to hear what you’re planning and can provide you with posters, Pull-Ups and promotional materials to help you along the way! Contact Emma @ email@example.com
- Don’t be afraid to ASK! – Send letters or emails to friend, family and colleague explaining what you’re doing, requesting their support.
- Sponsorship Cards – We can provide you with sponsorship cards, so don’t be afraid to have a few cards on the go at once – one at home, one at work
- Double your money! Many companies offer a Matching Scheme. Check with your workplace, your money could be doubled!
- Thank Everyone – Don’t forget to thank everyone. Let people know how grateful we all are for their support and let us know and we will thank your supporters for you on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages
Finally Thank You for helping us to continue to provide a centre where children with Down syndrome can thrive!