Group Speech and Language Therapy Services
Group Therapy provides an excellent opportunity for children to develop their speech, language and communication skills in a more natural, less pressurised environment than individual therapy.
During groups children have the chance to:
- Copy and learn from other children
- Develop attention skills and the ability to take turns
- Learn co-operation and negation skills
- Build their confidence in using their communication skills with friend
- All group sessions are 45 minutes in length and cost €15 per child.
The Speech & Language Therapy Department provide the following groups:
Floor Time – for children aged 18 months to 4 years
Stepping Stones – for children aged 1 to 2 years
Narrative (Let’s Talk) – for children aged 9 to 12 years
Teens – for children aged 10 to 18 – (groups will vary depending on the individual needs and age of the teenagers)
The Teens group is provided jointly by the SLT and OT Departments
Lámh – The SLT Department also provide Lámh sign language training
For more information or to register your child for a group please contact our main reception on firstname.lastname@example.org or (01) 661 8000