Statement for Guiding Principles for Fundraising
- DSC is committed to complying with the Statement of Principles for Fundraising and has formally discussed and adopted the Statement at a meeting of the governing body.
- DSC confirms its commitment to the principles set out in the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising by a statement to that effect in its annual report.
- DSC has a Donor Charter which is consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles of Fundraising.
- DSC regularly monitors compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising and compliance reports are reviewed regularly by the governing body
- DSC considers the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising when planning all fundraising activity.
- DSC has adopted policy guidelines when working with external fundraisers to keep records and details of events being run on their behalf.
- DSC provides honest, open and transparent disclosure when fundraising from the public.
- DSC ensures that fundraising staff are provided with information and training on the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising and its implementation.
- DSC has a feedback and complaints procedure consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. Feedback is recorded for review by fundraising staff including the CEO and governing body. Feedback is responded to promptly and appropriately.
- DSC prepares financial reports consistent with the requirements of the Charities Act 2009 which includes a statement concerning the extent to which control of the organisation is independent of its funding sources.
- DSC ensures that all donations are tracked and recorded and complies with data protection requirements.