Job Opportunities at The Down Syndrome Centre
Temporary Paediatric Occupational Therapist required to cover maternity leave
commencing 19th April 2021. The purpose of the role is to work with children and adolescents with Down syndrome and their families.
The role requires working collaboratively with our multi-disciplinary team, as well as working independently in delivering intervention and assessments to children aged up to 18 years old.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide high quality occupational therapy assessment and intervention to children
and families who attend the Down Syndrome Centre
• Deliver occupational therapy intervention to individual children using a developmental approach, focusing on motor development, handwriting skills, sensory processing and optimising functional participation.
• Undertake school observations and assessments when appropriate, and to be able to effectively communicate the needs and appropriate strategies for school to teachers, SNA’s and other school staff.
• Provision of teletherapy to children when deemed appropriate.
• A good knowledge and understanding of the development of children with Down syndrome and an intellectual disabilities.
• Knowledge and understanding of a dual or secondary diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
• Provide services as part of an inter-disciplinary team and within an integrated holistic model of service delivery.
• Effectively manage own caseload demands to ensure that the needs of the children are being adequately met.
• Effectively communicating with parents and other professionals regarding the needs, intervention and goals of the children attending OT
• Plan and run groups and camps for children attending the service with other MDT staff members as required.
• Proficient in writing reports and sessions notes in a professional and timely manner in keeping with the service policies and procedures.
• Agreeable to engaging in regular supervision with a Senior Occupational Therapist. The successful candidate will have:
• A recognised validated University Degree or Diploma or an equivalent qualification in Occupational Therapy
• One year post graduate experience working as an Occupational Therapist, ideally in a paediatric setting.
• Be registered with CORU to practice in Ireland.
• Previous experience in working in the area of disability.
• A full clean driver license and access to their own transport.
We would love to hear from you if you have a passion for working with the Down Syndrome Centre and have the relevant experience/skills required for the role.
Interested applicants should send their C.V. and cover letter to email@example.com by 19th February 2021.